(*residents of the European Union, Switzerland, Monaco, Liechtenstein, San Marino and Norway)
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPANTS IN THE 28 STATES OF THE EUROPEAN UNION AND RESIDENTS OF SWITZERLAND, MONACO, LIECHTENSTEIN, SAN MARINO AND NORWAY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY GERMAN LAW.
DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE INELIGIBLE.
1. Eligibility: The ZF Selects Europe Program Contest (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the European Union, Switzerland, Monaco, Liechtenstein, San Marino and Norway who are 18 years of age or older, at the time of participation. Employees, officers and directors of ZF Friedrichshafen AG ( “Sponsor”), their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies and Web masters/suppliers (and their respective dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and individuals residing in their same household) or past/current IMSA, WRC, DTM, GT Masters, Porsche Carrera Cup or Formula E hired photographer are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements in any manner it deems appropriate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central European Summer Time (“CEST”) on May 22, 2019 and ends at CEST 11:59pm October 6th 2019 (“Promotion Period”) and consists of three (3) entry deadlines as follows:
JUN 22 – FORMULA E – Bern, Switzerland
Entry Period: May 22nd 2019 - June 9th 2019 - 11:59 pm
Winner Announcement June 11th 2019
AUG 02 TO AUG 03 – NESTE RALLY - Finland
Entry Period: June 17th 2019 - July 7th 2019 - 11:59 pm
Winner Announcement July 10th 2019
AUG 18 – PORSCHE CARRERA CUP & ADAC GT MASTERS – Nuerburgring, Germany
Entry Period: July 15th 2019 - August 4th 2019 - 11:59 pm
Winner Announcement August 6th 2019
GRAND PRIZE WEEKEND:
OCT 05 TO OCT 06 - Hockenheim - Germany
Winner Announcement September 4th 2019
*Races and entry periods are subject to change*
In order to be eligible for a specific Race, entries must be submitted within the entry periods for that specific Race as defined above.
Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, post your picture (“Submission”) on Instagram and tag it with the #ZFSelectsEU hashtag, with which it becomes an official entry into the promotion (“Entry”). Entries must be received within the specific entry period for each Race in order to be eligible for that Race.
Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and Promotion Parties and each of their agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. Submission of any entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the sponsor any all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights. Entries: must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous awards; must not infringe third-party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent). Any person featured in Submissions must sign a release prior to awarding of prize.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE or INSTAGRAM CHANNEL, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and Promotion Parties an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
By submitting an entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your entry conforms to the Submission Requirements set forth below:
Entry must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on INSTAGRAM;
Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
Entry cannot infringe on trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your entry and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor;
No background artwork should appear in an entry unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in Entries must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein;
Entry cannot infringe on the right of publicity of any person, living or dead, without permission;
Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
ENTRIES POSTED WITH THE #ZFSELECTSEU HASHTAG WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Promotion entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Promotion Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her entry which fails to comply with the Promotion entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to posting them to the Website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any entry you submit.
4. Judging: There will be a total of three (3) Prize winners selected from all entries, one (1) winner per Race. There will be one (1) Grand Prize Winner chosen from the three.
On or about the Judging Date for each Race, a panel of judges selected by Sponsor will judge all eligible Entries submitted for the particular Race that were received prior to the Entry Deadline for that respective Race on the following equally weighted criteria: creativity and originality. Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
5. Prize Winner Notification: All winners are subject to verification, including verification of age. Winners will be notified by Direct Message on Instagram about one (1) week after the Judging Date. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in participant's Instagram account. Winners will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release within two (2) days of attempted notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, or prize is not accepted as awarded, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prizes (4 total/1 per Race): Each Prize winner will receive a trip for winner to the city of the Race for which the winner was selected, as detailed below:
(a) Race 1: The prize trip includes round-trip, transportation for winner from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the EU* to Bern, Switzerland on or about June 21, 2019 to June 22, 2019; one (1) standard hotel room for up to two (2) nights; one (1) guest pass to the Race day; ground transportation to/from hotel and Race venue. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): up to 1,200.00€.
(b) Race 2: The prize trip includes round-trip, transportation for winner from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the EU* to FINLAND, on or about August 2, 2019 to August 3, 2019; one (1) standard hotel room for up to two (2) nights; one (1) guest pass to the Race day; ground transportation to/from hotel and Race venue. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): up to 1,200.00€.
(c) Race 3: The prize trip includes round-trip, transportation for winner from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the EU* to Nuerburg, Germany on or about August 17, 2019 to August 18, 2019; one (1) standard hotel room for up to two (2) nights; one (1) guest pass to the Race day; ground transportation to/from hotel and Race venue. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): up to 1,200.00€.
(d) Race 4 The prize trip includes round-trip, transportation for winner from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the EU* to Hockenheim, Germany on or about October 04, 2019 to October 06, 2019; one (1) standard hotel room for up to two (2) nights; one (1) guest pass to the qualifying day and Race day; ground transportation to/from hotel and Race venue. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): up to 1,200.00€.
Each Prize winner will also have the opportunity to be featured on camera to discuss the motorsports photography experience. PRIZE WINNERS MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE RACE AND PARTICIPATE IN THE ON-SITE ZF SELECTS PROGRAM ON THE APPLICABLE DATES DETERMINED BY SPONSOR, OR PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED.
Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded. All prize details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Sponsor’s discretion. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. Winner will be required to provide a valid major credit card or some other acceptable form of payment, as determined in the hotel’s sole discretion upon hotel check-in, and all in-room charges, telephone calls, meals, beverages, hotel upgrades, amenities, personal incidentals and any other expenses charged to the winner’s hotel room will be charged to that major valid credit card or deducted from the deposit provided. All travel must be taken on dates specified or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate; no alternative travel dates are available. Exact travel dates and arrangements subject to availability and are based on Race event dates; dates may change as a result of Race event schedule dates. Winner must travel on same itinerary. Winner must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid European driver’s license) required for travel. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to the Race city, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the prize winner at the time of notification. Prize winner is also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Seat location of event tickets is in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Tickets are subject to the terms and conditions listed thereon. Sponsor is not responsible for the cancellation or delay of any Race, prize activities, or any portion thereof, for any reason, in which event that portion of the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except in Sponsor's sole discretion.
Prizes are non-transferable, may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Applicable federal, state, local and other taxes and fees associated with the prizes and any expenses related to the acceptance and use of prizes and not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Winner.
7. ZF Selects Europe Contest Conditions: Each winner acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor, Promotion Parties, and/or their agents may video, record, photograph, or otherwise capture winner during the ZF Selects Europe opportunity and the Race event. In consideration of being awarded the prize and the ZF Selects Europe opportunity, each winner hereby grants to Sponsor the irrevocable right and license to use winner’s name, image, likeness, voice, video, photos and statements attributed to winner in any manner, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented, without territorial or time limitations for advertising and marketing purposes including, without limitation, the right to post videos, photographs, and statements of winner in connection with the ZF Selects Europe program on Sponsor’s brand websites and social media platforms.
BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, EACH WINNER ACCEPTS THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN BEING ON TRACK AT A RACE EVENT, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT PROMOTIONAL PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
By submitting an entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person who's name, likeness or voice is used in the Entry and (f) and that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Released Parties from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such entry, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that its entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of Germany, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in Germany and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
9. Limitations of Liability: Neither Sponsor, nor the Released Parties are responsible for lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-delivered Activities, Points or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web site, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor Released Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion; and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual/account it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of Promotion or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person or to achieve more entries than entitled or to otherwise disrupt the Promotion or Race in any manner. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participant's or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading or copying materials from or use of Website. If, for any reason, Promotion, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof. In the event such action is taken, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of such action.
10. Governing Law: By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of Germany, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules.
11. Winners List: For the name of winners, please contact email@example.com
. If you are chosen as a winner, your information may be included in a publicly available winners list.
12. Sponsor: ZF Friedrichshafen AG, Corporate Headquarters / ZF Forum, Löwentaler Straße 20, 88046 Friedrichshafen, Germany.