Safety Domain ECU (SDE)Safety domain ECU: example of electronics integration
The company’s latest and most powerful class of control unit – the Pro AI safety domain electronic control unit – is an example of electronics integration. The safety domain ECU is a flexible integration hub that integrates a number of chassis, suspension and advanced driver assist system control functions into a single unit.
- Supports AUTOSAR (AUTomotive Open System Architecture)
- Includes high-performance microcontrollers and an open software architecture
- Supports advanced vehicle dynamic control and automated driving functions
- Allows integration of software modules from vehicle manufacturers and third parties.
- Increased sensor inputs, with higher levels of data fusion between them.
- Provides arbitration between chassis systems (calling for much more processing power).
- The electronic architecture has the flexibility to cope with different combinations of active safety and chassis systems and functions with different fitment rates.