Electrically Powered Steering – Column DriveColumn drive electrically powered steering for A to D segment vehicles
ZF's column drive electrically powered steering products are based on a modular, scalable design for A to C/D segment vehicles with up to 12 kN rack loads. This technology supports CO₂ reduction, fuel economy and automated driving.
- Industry-leading steer feel in application segments
- PMAC motor with low rotational inertia
- Built-in packaging flexibility
- Adaptive crash capabilities to help meet latest NCAP regulation
- Electric power pack - highly integrated compact design with common E/E architecture across ZF EPS technologies
- Flexibility for co-developed or customer-specific algorithm or software module implementation and/or integration
Do you have any questions about our products, technical details or spare parts? Then get in touch with us using this contact form!
Our experts will get back to you shortly.
Get in touch
Column drive EPS systems by ZF, offer a cost effective power steering solution for smaller passenger cars, while retaining the benefits of other electrically powered steering alternatives including: CO₂ reduction and fuel economy (compared to hydraulic powered steering) as well as high-availability architectures to support automated driving features.
ZF’s column drive electrically powered steering products are based on a modular, scalable design for A to C/D segment vehicles with up to 12kN rack load, and cover assistance torque ranges from 40 to 100 Nm.
- Helps to ensure continuation of operation after failures by adding redundant hardware and software features in line with growth of ADAS and Automated Driving (AD)
- Hardware redundancy of important elements of the Electrical Power Pack (EPP) such as: torque and motor position sensors, motor winding and driver stage - configurable to meet application needs
- Helps to reduce occurrence of sudden loss of assist, offering improvements in system availability compared to conventional EPS products (down to 100FIT)