Electrically Powered Steering – Belt DriveBelt drive electrically powered steering for C segment vehicles to full size trucks
Belt drive electrically powered steering system features a modular design for C segment vehicles to full size trucks with up to 18kN rack load. This technology supports CO₂ reduction, fuel economy and automated driving.
- Industry-leading steer feel in application segments
- PMAC motor with low rotational inertia
- High efficiency belt drive
- Low friction and low lash ball screw mechanism
- Electric power pack - highly integrated compact design with high accuracy control capabilities
- ASIL D compliant ECU
- Flexibility for co-developed or customer-specific algorithm or software module implementation and/or integration
Do you have any questions about our products, technical details or spare parts? Then get in touch with us using this contact form!
Our experts will get back to you shortly.
Get in touch
Belt drive EPS systems by ZF, offer premium performance power steering solution for C segment vehicles through to full size trucks with up to 18kN rack load. The technology provides CO₂ reduction and fuel economy (compared to hydraulic powered steering) as well as high-availability architectures to support automated driving features.
The Belt Drive System features a fully integrated steering gear with built-in packaging flexibility and option to mount either inboard or outboard configurations.
- Helps to ensure continuation of operation after failures by adding redundant hardware and software features in line with growth of ADAS and Automated Driving (AD)
- Hardware redundancy of important elements of the Electrical Power Pack (EPP) such as: torque and motor position sensors, motor winding and driver stage - configurable to meet application needs
- Helps to reduce occurrence of sudden loss of assist, offering improvements in system availability compared to conventional EPS products (down to 1FIT)