Electric Park Brake (EPB)The Electric Park Brake functions as a conventional hydraulic brake for standard service brake applications, and as an electric brake for parking and emergency braking.
Electric Park Brake (EPB) is a caliper with an additional motor (motor on caliper) that operates the parking brake. The EPB system is electronically controlled and consists of the EPB switch, the EPB caliper and the electronic control unit (ECU).
- Modular architecture, scalable clamp load and durability with reduced hysteresis
- Significant weight savings compared to mechanical park brake systems to support enhanced fuel economy and reduced emissions
- Vehicle coverage from small car to light truck segments
- Electronic control allows for integration with other safety technologies
- Pioneered EPB technology in 2000 and now in fifth generation with more than 90 million EPB calipers on world roadways