ZF RACE REPORTER PROGRAM CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO PARTICIPATE OR WIN. PURCHASE WILL NOT ENHANCE CHANCES OF WINNING.
THIS PROMOTION IS INTENDED FOR PARTICIPANTS IN THE 50 UNITED STATES AND THE DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA ONLY AND WILL BE GOVERNED BY U.S. LAW. DO NOT ENTER IF YOU ARE INELIGIBLE.
1. Eligibility: The ZF Race Reporter Program Contest (“Promotion”) is open to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia who are 21 years of age or older, at the time of participation. Employees, officers and directors of ZF Friedrichshafen AG., ZF North America (together “Sponsor”), their parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, advertising, promotion, or production agencies and Web masters/suppliers (and their respective tax (IRS) dependents, immediate family members [spouse, parent, child, sibling and their respective spouses] and individuals residing in their same household) are not eligible to participate. The Promotion is subject to applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Sponsor reserves the right, at any time, to verify eligibility requirements in any manner it deems appropriate. By participating, participants agree to these Official Rules, which are final and binding in all respects. Void where prohibited.
2. Promotion Period: Promotion begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Eastern Standard Time (“EST”) on December 8, 2015 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST on September 5, 2016 (“Promotion Period”) and consists of five (5) entry deadlines as follows:
Rolex 24 at Daytona
Entry Deadline: January 4, 2016 - Judging Date: January 8, 2016
Sebring International Raceway
Entry Deadline: February 22, 2016 - Judging Date: February 26, 2016
Canadian Tire Motorsport Park
Entry Deadline: June 13, 2016 - Judging Date: June 17, 2016
Circuit of the Americas
Entry Deadline: August 22, 2016 - Judging Date: August 26, 2016
Road Atlanta (aka ‘Petit Le Mans’)
Entry Deadline: September 5, 2016 - Judging Date: September 9, 2016
n order to be eligible for a specific Race, entries must be submitted by the Entry Deadline for that specific Race. Sponsor’s computer is the official time keeping device for the Promotion.
3. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, visit www.zf.com/ motorsports (“Website”) and submit a question for the racing insiders and racetrack professionals related to the IMSA WeatherTech SportsCar Championship (“Question”), the Race selection for which they wish to submit an entry, along with a personal photo, and the required fields of information including your full name and a valid e- mail address (“Entry”). The Question must be a general question and not one for a particular named individual and must have a connection to racing. Questions must be in English. Entries must be received no later than the Entry Deadline for a specific Race in order to be eligible for that Race and in no event later than September 5, 2016.
Limit one (1) Entry per person/email address for the entire Promotion Period. Participants may not enter using multiple email addresses nor may entrants use any other device or artifice to enter under multiple identities. Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void that entrant's entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the entrant. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and Promotion Parties and each of their agents the right to publish, use, adapt, edit and/or modify such entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant. Submission of any entry further constitutes the entrant’s consent to irrevocably assign and transfer to the sponsor any all rights, title and interest in the entry, including, without limitation, all copyrights. Entries: must be the original work of the entrant; may not have won previous awards; may not have been published previously; must not infringe third-party rights, and must be suitable for publication (i.e., may not be obscene or indecent). Any person featured in Submissions must sign a release prior to awarding of prize.
BY SUBMITTING AN ENTRY, ENTRANT ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER ENTRY MAY BE POSTED ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, IN SPONSOR’S DISCRETION. Submission of an entry grants Sponsor and Promotion Parties an unlimited, worldwide, perpetual, license and right to publish, use, publicly perform the entry in any way, in any and all media, without limitation, and without consideration to the entrant.
By submitting an entry in the Contest, you hereby warrant and represent that your entry conforms to the Submission Requirements set forth below:
• Entry must comply with these Official Rules and any Terms of Service on the Website;
• Entry cannot be sexually explicit or suggestive, unnecessarily violent or derogatory of any ethnic, racial, gender, religious, professional or age group, profane or pornographic, contain nudity or any materially dangerous activity;
• Entry cannot promote alcohol, illegal drugs, tobacco, firearms/weapons (or the use of any of the foregoing), any activities that may appear unsafe or dangerous, or any particular political agenda or message;
• Entry cannot be obscene or offensive, endorse any form of hate or hate group;
• Entry cannot defame, misrepresent or contain disparaging remarks about Sponsor or its products, or other people, products or companies;
• Entry cannot infringe on trademarks, logos or trade dress owned by others, or advertise or promote any brand or product of any kind, without permission, or contain any personal identification, such as license plate numbers, personal names, e-mail addresses or street addresses;
• Entry cannot contain copyrighted materials owned by others (including photographs, sculptures, paintings and other works of art or images published on or in websites, television, movies or other media) without permission; Sponsor does not permit the infringement of others’ rights and any use of materials not original to the entrant (except copyrighted materials owned by Sponsor) is grounds for disqualification from the Contest. Do not copy your favorite movie, book or photo or include materials, images, graphics, music or trademarks belonging to any third parties or incorporate the names, voices, likeness or personas of any party other than yourself unless you have obtained all rights necessary to permit you to use same in connection with your entry and grant the rights herein granted to Sponsor;
• No background artwork should appear in an entry unless it is an original work of the entrant. Any artwork, murals, etc. that can be seen in Entries must be created solely by the entrant or entrant must be the sole owner of all copyright interests therein;
• Entry cannot infringe on the right of publicity of any person, living or dead, without permission;
• Entry cannot communicate messages or images inconsistent with the positive images and/or goodwill to which Sponsor wishes to associate; and
• Entry cannot depict, and cannot itself, be in violation of any law.
ENTRIES POSTED TO THE WEBSITE WERE NOT EDITED BY SPONSOR AND ARE THE VIEWS/OPINIONS OF THE INDIVIDUAL ENTRANT AND DO NOT REFLECT THE VIEWS OF SPONSOR IN ANY MANNER. Any waiver of any obligation hereunder by Sponsor does not constitute a general waiver of any obligation to entrants. Sponsor reserves the right to waive the Promotion entry requirements set forth herein in its reasonable discretion.
Sponsor reserves the right, in its reasonable discretion, during or upon completion of the Promotion Period, to request that any entrant resubmit his or her entry which fails to comply with the Promotion entry requirements prior to any judging or voting period.
By submitting an Entry, you agree that your submission is gratuitous and made without restriction, and will not place Sponsor under any obligation that Sponsor is free to disclose or otherwise disclose the ideas contained in the Entry on a non-confidential basis to anyone or otherwise use the ideas without any additional compensation to you. You acknowledge that, by acceptance of your submission, Sponsor does not waive any rights to use similar or related ideas previously known to Sponsor, or developed by its employees, or obtained from sources other than you.
Sponsor reserves the right to, and may or may not, monitor/screen entries prior to posting them to the Website. By entering, you acknowledge that Sponsor has no obligation to use or post any entry you submit.
4. Judging:: There will be a total of five (5) Prize winners selected from all entries, one (1) winner per Race. On or about the Judging Date for each Race, a qualified panel of judges selected by Sponsor will judge all eligible Entries submitted for the particular Race that were received prior to the Entry Deadline for that respective Race on the following equally weighted criteria: (1) creativity, (2) originality, (3) sophistication and complexity of the Question; and (4) adherence to the theme of racing and the WeatherTech Championship. The Entry receiving the highest total score in each Race judging period will be a Prize Winner for that particular Race, subject to verification. In the event of a tie, the tie-breaker will be based upon the highest score in the first judging criteria set forth above, continuing thereafter to each judging criteria in the order set forth above, as needed, to break the tie. In the event that a tie still remains, a new qualified judge, selected by the Sponsor in its sole discretion, will judge the tied entries based on the judging criteria set forth above. Receiving a Prize is contingent upon compliance with these Official Rules.
5. Prize Winner Notification: Winners will be notified by email, phone or mail on or about one (1) week after the Judging Date. Sponsor is not responsible for any change in participant's email or other contact information. Winners and travel guests will be required to complete, sign and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release, and where lawful a Publicity Release within seven (7) days of receipt of notification. If documents are not returned timely, or if the prize notification or prize is returned as non-deliverable, or if a winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, prize will be forfeited and an alternate winner may be selected, in Sponsor’s sole discretion.
6. Prizes (5 total/1 per Race): Each Prize winner will receive a trip for winner and one (1) guest to the city of the Race for which the winner was selected, as detailed below:
(a) Race 1: The prize trip includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the U.S. to Orlando, Florida on or about January 28, 2016 to January 31, 2016; one (1) double occupancy standard hotel room for up to three (3) nights; two (2) tickets to the qualifying day and Race day; two (2) VIP passes valid for the date of the qualifying day and Race day; ground transportation to/from hotel and Race venue; and an expense allowance of five hundred dollars ($500) paid to winner, which can be used towards meals and transportation/rental car during the trip. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): up to $1,850.00.
(b) Race 2: The prize trip includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the U.S. to Orlando, Florida on or about March 17, 2016 to March 19, 2016; one (1) double occupancy standard hotel room for up to three (3) nights; two (2) tickets to the qualifying day and Race day; two (2) VIP passes valid for the date of the qualifying day and Race day; ground transportation to/from hotel and Race venue; and an expense allowance of five hundred dollars ($500) paid to winner, which can be used towards meals and transportation/rental car during the trip. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): up to $1,850.00.
(c) Race 3: The prize trip includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the U.S. to Toronto, Ontario, Canada on or about July 8, 2016 to July 10, 2016; one (1) double occupancy standard hotel room for up to three (3) nights; two (2) tickets to the qualifying day and Race day; two (2) VIP passes valid for the date of the qualifying day and Race day; ground transportation to/from hotel and Race venue; and an expense allowance of five hundred dollars ($500) paid to winner, which can be used towards meals and transportation during the trip. ARV: up to $1,850.00.
(d) Race 4: The prize trip includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the U.S. to Austin, Texas on or about September 16, 2016 to September 18, 2016; one (1) double occupancy standard hotel room for up to three (3) nights; two (2) tickets to the qualifying day and Race day; two (2) VIP passes valid for the date of the qualifying day and Race day; ground transportation to/from hotel and Race venue; and an expense allowance of five hundred dollars ($500) paid to winner, which can be used towards meals and transportation during the trip. ARV: up to $1,850.00.
(e) Race 5: The prize trip includes round-trip, coach class air transportation for winner and one (1) guest from a major commercial airport near winner’s home within the U.S. to Atlanta, Georgia on or about September 28, 2016 to October 1, 2016; one (1) double occupancy standard hotel room for up to three (3) nights; two (2) tickets to the qualifying day and Race day; two (2) VIP passes valid for the date of the qualifying day and Race day; ground transportation to/from hotel and Race venue; and an expense allowance of five hundred dollars ($500) paid to winner, which can be used towards meals and transportation during the trip. ARV: up to $1,850.00.
Each Prize winner will also have the opportunity to be paired with an on-camera Race Reporter presenter and shoot a video of the winner asking their question on-site at the Race. PRIZE WINNERS MUST BE ABLE TO ATTEND THE RACE AND PARTICIPATE IN THE ON-SITE FAN REPORTER PROGRAM, OR PRIZE WILL BE FORFEITED.
Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and airfare fluctuations. Any difference between stated approximate retail value and actual value of Prize will not be awarded. All prize details not specified in the Official Rules will be determined in Sponsor’s sole and absolute discretion. Certain restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Selection of airline and hotel are solely within Sponsor’s discretion. Meals, gratuities, luggage fees, incidental hotel charges and any other travel-related expenses not specified herein are the sole responsibility of winner. All travel must be taken on dates specified or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate; no alternative travel dates are available. Exact travel dates and arrangements subject to availability and are based on Race event dates; dates may change as a result of Race event schedule dates. Winner and travel guest must travel on same itinerary. Travel guests must sign and return a travel release before any ticketing of travel occurs. Winner and guest must have all necessary identification and/or travel documents (e.g., a valid U.S. driver’s license) required for travel. Once travel guests are selected, they may not be substituted, except in Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles. All airline tickets are subject to flight variation, work stoppages, and schedule or route changes. If in the judgment of Sponsor, air travel is not required due to winner's proximity to the Race city, ground transportation will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor's sole and absolute discretion. The difference in value will not be awarded to the prize winner. Sponsor shall not be responsible for any cancellations, delays, diversions or substitution or any act or omissions whatsoever by the air carriers, hotels, venue operators, transportation companies, prize providers or any other persons providing any prize-related services or accommodations. Additional prize award details and travel information to be provided to the prize winner at the time of notification. Prize winner and guests are also responsible for obtaining travel insurance (and all other forms of insurance) at their option and hereby acknowledge that Sponsor has not and will not obtain or provide travel insurance or any other form of insurance. Lost, stolen or damaged airline tickets, travel vouchers or certificates will not be replaced or exchanged. Seat location of event tickets is in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Tickets are subject to the terms and conditions listed thereon. Sponsor is not responsible for the cancellation or delay of any Race, prize activities, or any portion thereof, for any reason, in which event that portion of the prize will be forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except in Sponsor's sole discretion.
Prizes are non-transferable, may not be substituted, except in Sponsor’s sole discretion, and cannot be redeemed for cash. If a prize, or any portion thereof, cannot be awarded for any reason, Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize with another prize of equal or greater value. Applicable federal, state, local and other taxes and fees associated with the prizes and any expenses related to the acceptance and use of prizes and not specified in these Official Rules are the sole responsibility of the Winner. Winner will be issued an IRS 1099 form for prizes valued over $600. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded.
7. Fan Race Report Conditions: Each winner acknowledges and agrees that Sponsor, Promotion Parties, and/or their agents may video, record, photograph, or otherwise capture winner during the Fan Reporter opportunity and the Race event. In consideration of being awarded the prize and the Fan Reporter opportunity, each winner hereby grants to Sponsor the irrevocable right and license to use winner’s name, image, likeness, voice, video, and statements attributed to winner in any manner, in any and all media now known or hereinafter invented, without territorial or time limitations for advertising and marketing purposes including, without limitation, the right to post videos, photographs, and statements of winner in connection with the Race and Fan Report program on Sponsor’s brand websites and social media platforms.
BY ACCEPTING PRIZE, EACH WINNER ACCEPTS THE INHERENTLY DANGEROUS NATURE AND RISK IN BEING ON TRACK AT A RACE EVENT, INCLUDING PERSONAL INJURY AND/OR DEATH, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT HIS/HER PARTICIPATION IN THE PRIZE EVENT IS VOLUNTARY, ACKNOWLEDGES THAT THERE ARE NATURAL FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES WHICH MAY IMPACT ON OR AFFECT THE SAFETY OF THE ACTIVITIES HE/SHE IS PARTICIPATING IN AND HE/SHE ASSUMES THE RISK OF SUCH FACTORS AND OCCURRENCES AND AGREES THAT PROMOTIONAL PARTIES SHALL NOT BE IN ANY WAY RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY RESULTING INJURY AND/OR DEATH.
By submitting an entry you warrant and represent that it: (a) is your original work, (b) has not been previously published, (c) has not won previous awards, (d) does not infringe upon the copyrights, trademarks, rights of privacy, publicity or other intellectual property or other rights of any person or entity; (e) that you have obtained permission from a person who's name, likeness or voice is used in the Entry and (f) and that publication of the Entry via various media including Web posting, will not infringe on the rights of any third party rights. Any such entrant will indemnify and hold harmless, Released Parties from any claims to the contrary. Any entrant whose work includes likenesses of third parties or contains elements not owned by the entrant (such as, but not limited to, depictions of persons, buildings, trademarks or logos) must be able to provide legal releases for such use including Sponsor’s use of such entry, in a form satisfactory to administrator, upon request, prior to award of prize and/or naming of entrant as a winner.
By accepting a prize, the winner agrees that its entry will be deemed a Work Made For Hire under the Copyright laws of the United States, but if it cannot be so deemed, then the winner irrevocably assigns and transfers to Sponsor all of his/her right, title and interest in and to his/her Entry, including all but not limited to all copyright and trademark rights which he or she may have, in the United States and worldwide, therein, for consideration, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged. Winner hereby waives in favor of Sponsor, all rights of “Droit Moral” or “Moral Rights of Authors” or any similar rights or principles of law that winner may now or later have to their entry. Sponsor reserves the right to alter, change or modify the winning entry, in its sole discretion. Upon request of Sponsor, winner shall execute and deliver such additional instrument of assignment, as may be solely deemed by Sponsor, reasonably necessary to establish the ownership of record of the right, title and interest in and to the entry and of the copyrights transferred and “Moral Rights of Authors” waived under these Official Rules. Should Sponsor fail to request the said assignment as stated, that shall not be deemed a waiver of Sponsor’s rights and Sponsor may at a later time request the assignment.
9. Limitations of Liability: Neither Sponsor, nor the Released Parties are responsible for lost, illegible, late, misdirected, incomplete, or non-delivered Activities, Points or email; or for interrupted or unavailable satellite, network, server, Internet Service Provider (ISP), Web site, telephone or other connections, availability or accessibility, or miscommunications, or failed computer, satellite, telephone or cable transmissions, or lines, or technical failure or jumbled, garbled, corrupted, scrambled, delayed, or misdirected transmissions, or computer hardware or software or telephone malfunctions, failures, or technical errors or difficulties, or other errors of any kind whether human, mechanical, electronic or network or the incorrect or inaccurate capture of entry or other information or the failure to capture, or loss of, any such information. Neither Sponsor nor Released Parties are responsible for any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Website users, or by any equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this Promotion; and assume no responsibility for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect or delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, or tampering with or hacking of the Website. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual/account it finds to be tampering with the entry process or operation of Promotion or to be acting in a non-sportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to threaten, abuse or harass any other person or to achieve more entries than entitled or to otherwise disrupt the Promotion or Race in any manner. Sponsor is not responsible for injury or damage to participant's or any other person’s computer related to or resulting from participating in this Promotion or downloading or copying materials from or use of Website. If, for any reason, Promotion, in the sole opinion of Sponsor, is not capable of running as planned by reason of infection by computer virus, worms, bugs, tampering, hacking, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures or any other causes which, in sole opinion of the Sponsor, corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Promotion, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion or any portion thereof. In the event such action is taken, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of such action.
10. Governing Law: By participating, participants agree that all issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, participant’s rights and obligations, or the rights and obligations of the Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules. By participating, participants consent to the jurisdiction and venue of the federal, state and local courts located in New York, New York.
11. Winners List: For the name of winners, please contact Lisa Gill of MSL at (248) 497-5072 or at email@example.com. If you are chosen as a winner, your information may be included in a publicly available winners list.
12. Sponsor: ZF North America, 15811 Centennial Dr., Northville, MI 48168