FriedrichshafenMain Engineering Center
Corporate Research & Development
ZF Friedrichshafen AG
Forschungs- und Entwicklungszentrum (FEZ)
The corporate research & development department supports the operative engineering centers in the areas of driveline, steering and chassis technology.
This support includes the following focal points:
- Future-oriented work on components, assemblies, systems and technologies
- Advancement of methods and processes
- Cooperation on engineering projects with other ZF departments and divisions
The technological orientation at the corporate research & development department includes close cooperation with colleges, universities and institutes within the scope of joint research projects.
The corporate research & development center offers services in the following areas:
- Preliminary development: Development of new components and systems from the initial idea to testing in vehicles.
- Technical calculation: Calculation of service life, vibration and noise from components and assemblies, simulation of complete vehicles.
- Electronics: Development of electronically networked systems, hardware, software, mechatronics, control and regulation processes.
- Design tasks: Design methodologies and development vehicles, product data management and document management.
- Gear development: Layout and calculation of gears, compilation of production and test equipment data, basic theoretical and experimental research.
- Acoustics, components, testing: Function and service life characteristics of assemblies and components as well as measurement of tension forces, vibration and noise.
- Materials Engineering Applications development, testing and specification of metals, lubricants and polymers.
- Patent management: Securing of commercial patent rights, copyrights and trademarks.