Coilover Damper Kits
Top innovation Performance Coilover Suspension
Having systematically applied our racing experience to development and tuning work in the suspension sector, we are now offering a new development to the sports enthusiasts among our customers – The ZF Sachs Race Engineering adjustable coilover suspension.
All of our Sachs Performance coilover suspensions use only high-grade gas-pressure shock absorbers. They are tuned to achieve the maximum in sports-oriented performance. The interiors of these high-tech dampers contain heavy-duty oil.
This ensures superior damping performance for the entire product life cycle. To further enhance damping performance, a new valve system was developed. It allows flexibility in setting the characteristic curves. For the best possible suspension tuning up to the limits of sports-oriented driving – not only on the roads.
The suspension struts feature an upside-down design, which significantly increases their stiffness and strength. They can therefore absorb greater lateral forces, which enables precision response.
Superior tuning for every season
With adjustable damping forces, drivers can adapt their suspension systems to specific driving surfaces, tires, and air pressures. Adjustment is done by means of a bypass on the piston for both rebound and compression.
Greater ground clearance is needed in winter, while in summer it makes sense to lower the vehicle by 40 to 60 mm. In order to ensure sufficient spring path for these two different applications, special coilover suspensions were developed that allow the vehicle to be tuned for the respective operating mode. These coilover suspensions are as superbly suited for tough snow and ice conditions as they are for circuit tracks.
The Sachs Performance Coilover Suspension features two adjustment parameters, so rebound and compression damping can be varied via a dial with 20 clicks. Damper characteristics can thus be simply and conveniently adjusted to meet individual requirements.
Racing quality – Easy installation
The new coilover suspension from ZF Sachs Race Engineering is currently available for the following vehicles: VW Golf V, Audi A3, Elise and Exige models from Lotus, Opel speedster, Cayman, 997, and Boxster models from Porsche, BMW E90 and Mitsubishi Lancer Evolution VII, VIII, and IX.
The complete coilover suspension including component certification
- 2 x upside-down suspension struts with height and performance adjustment, monotube system
- 2 x front-axle springs
- 2 x rear-axle dampers with performance adjustment, monotube system
- 2 x rear-axle springs
- 2 x rear-axle aluminum height adjustment
- 1 x component certification
- Adjustable rebound and compression forces via a bypass on the piston
- Adjustment unit with precise gradation
- Suspension struts with an upside-down design
- Continuously variable height adjustment within the range authorized by the TÜV (German Technical Inspection Agency)
- Height adjustment with trapezoidal threading for a long service life (very dirt-resistant)
- Optimized compression stops
- Complete, ready-to-install solution
The coilover suspension with an upside-down configuration is designed as a monotube system with gas pre-loading. It offers many advantages in operations and quality:
- Optimized friction bearings and seals
- High-grade, high-strength racing springs
- OE-tested seal and friction bearing systems
- OE-tested piston systems
- Hardened, chromium-plated piston rodsHigh-grade corrosion protection
- Rapid responsiveness
- Broad adjustment range
- Low weight
- Easy handling
- Rapid assembly
- Low-cost installation
Performance height-adjustable coilover suspensions are tuned on the Nürburgring and/ or the Hockenheimring race curcuits. These coilover suspensions feature sports-oriented responsiveness, long service lives, unparalleled quality, and simple handling, as well as quicker and low-priced installation.