Ich bei ZF.
Headquartered in Friedrichshafen, Germany, ZF is a leading worldwide automotive supplier for Driveline andChassis Technology. The ZF Group is currently represented by approx. 71,000 employees at over 100 facilities in27 countries. ZF Services, a business unit of the ZF Group, combines SACHS, LEMFÖRDER, BOGE and ZF Partsproduct brands as well as the global offering of the ZF Group in retail, services and customer service. ZF Servicesaims to strengthen international customer service and to expand the after sales business with new products andservices.
Supervisor Development Associate
Summary: This position will rotate in specified departments within the plant
with the expectation they will take on responsibilities specific to those areas
(pre-planned) under the guidance of a mentor; this will include production
(assembly & gear), maintenance, quality, logistics, and human resources.
At times will assist in the supervision of hourly employees in the machining and
assembly manufacturing area. Plans and assigns work, implements policies and
procedures and recommends improvements in production methods, equipment,
operating procedures and working conditions while fostering a high morale team
oriented atmosphere. The responsibilities may also include employee relations, maintenance,
creation of work orders, and purchasing of materials and equipment related to
the operational requirements of the assigned area.
Position Responsibilities: (will vary by department)
- Gainfully experience all areas of production as it relates to successfully supervising
- Ensures effective employee relations. Provides employee coaching and development.
Resolves employee issues through problem resolution.
- Assist in the grievance handling process.
- Participate in the resolution of CATS issues and training
- Participate in joint management/union activities (attendance, safety, LRT, etc.)
- Assist in the handling of FMLA issues.
- Participates in balancing quality, productivity, cost, safety and morale to achieve positive
results in all areas. Works to continuously improve in all areas.
- Participates in maintaining discipline and productivity in the area. This includes 5S as
well as production. Maintaining PPSB (Practical Problem Solving Boards) boards
and information collected on these related to individual shifts goals and
actual production. Assist in maintaining a safe and secure work environment.
- Work with maintenance team to be sure equipment PMs and TPMs are performed timely.
- Use systems in place to complete all necessary functions of the job, including but
not limited to attendance, labor reporting, material flow, scheduling, etc.
- Participates in accident investigations.
- Participates in 8D related to production issues within the area.
- Participate in inventory control functions and physical inventory.
- Comply with all TS 16949 policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Four year degree (completed or near completion) in a Technical (Engineering –
Electrical, Mechanical, Industrial) or Business Field. Positive solid work
- Strong written and verbal communication in the English language
- Some formal training in one or more of the following areas:
o Computing Software/Operations (e.g. Microsoft
- Good organizational and leadership skills
o Problem solving and analytical skills
o Project and planning abilities
o Able to manage multiple responsibilities
o Interpersonal, communications and listening skills
o Drive for teamwork with a customer-oriented approach to projects
Preferred Skills and experience:
• Experience with SAP
• Experience in the Automotive industry
Physical demands and work environment:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations
may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Physical demands: While performing the duties of this job, the
associate is occasionally required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools; or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs; balance; stoop; kneel, crouch, or crawl; talk, hear or smell. The
associate must occasionally lift and /or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to focus.
Work Environment: While performing the duties of the job, the associate is exposed to a manufacturing/lab floor atmosphere with some office
If you are recently graduated from college or soon to be graduated, possess the skills listed in the position description and are intersted in an automotive manufacturing supervisor development program send your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
contact and address:
ZF Marysville LLC
2900 Busha Hwy
48040 Marysville, MI
Informationen zum Unternehmen
ZF ist ein weltweit führender Technologiekonzern in der Antriebs- und Fahrwerktechnik mit 122 Produktionsgesellschaften in 26 Ländern. Der Konzern mit 72.643 Mitarbeitern erzielte im Jahr 2013 einen Umsatz von rund 16,8 Milliarden Euro. Auf der Rangliste der Automobilzulieferer ist ZF unter den 10 größten Unternehmen weltweit.