Headquartered in Friedrichshafen, Germany, ZF is a leading worldwide automotive supplier for Driveline and Chassis Technology. The ZF Group is currently represented by approx. 71,000 employees at over 100 facilities in 27 countries. ZF Services, a business unit of the ZF Group, combines SACHS, LEMFÖRDER, BOGE and ZF Parts product brands as well as the global offering of the ZF Group in retail, services and customer service. ZF Services aims to strengthen international customer service and to expand the after sales business with new products and services.
Supplier Quality Engineer
Works with supplier(s) in developing, maintaining, and improving performance. Supports ZF to investigate and resolve all issues which may be related to the supply base.
Essential Duties/ Responsibilities:
- Monitor and coach suppliers using tools such as APQP and problem-solving techniques to ensure on-time and problem free delivery of parts.
- Perform audits at potential suppliers to determine current status, and determine potential for the supplier to be a strategic supplier to ZF.
- Coach, teach, and support potential and current suppliers in all areas as needed.
- Perform benchmark studies, including performance, technology, quality, etc.
- Implement ZF systems and tools internally and at the supply base.
- Lead and implement cost savings and process improvements at suppliers and ZF.
- Proficient in all quality tools, ie 8D, APQP, PPAP, FMEA, GD&T, Control Plan, etc…
- Must demonstrate strong organizational skills and the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Must demonstrate professional and thorough communication, internally and externally.
- Able to collect, summarize, and analyze data at all levels, enabling effective strategies and actions.
- All other duties that are assigned.
- Bachelors Degree in engineering or technical field, or equivalent experience
- Strong computer skills; must be proficient in MS-Office.
- Knowledge of APQP, PPAP, SPC, MSA, FMEA and Control Plans according to ISO TS 16949.
- Knowledge of 8Ds and other problem solving methods.
- Good understanding of production and operations systems, purchasing, and project management.
- Ability to speak and write in English.
- Must have the ability to learn quickly and the ability to teach others/suppliers.
Physical Requirements of Position:
- This position is required to do extensive walking through factory-environment production areas.
- Must be able to travel abroad.
- Required to lift/carry up to 35 lbs., sit, bend, stoop, and use fine motor skills to handle physical parts.
- Required to visually inspect blueprints, physical parts and computer files.
- Must be able to communicate verbally and in writing with others.
Are you interested?
Please, send us your complete and comprehensive application documents and a CV (in tabular form), qualification and work certificates, state the reference code - or apply online!
contact and address:
ZF Marysville LLC
2900 Busha Hwy
48040 Marysville, MI
Informationen zum Unternehmen
ZF ist ein weltweit führender Technologiekonzern in der Antriebs- und Fahrwerktechnik mit 121 Produktionsgesellschaften in 26 Ländern. Der Konzern mit rund 75.000 Mitarbeitern erzielte im Jahr 2012 einen Umsatz von 17,4 Milliarden Euro. Auf der Rangliste der Automobilzulieferer ist ZF unter den 10 größten Unternehmen weltweit.