ZF Technology for Cars
Automatic TransmissionBack to overview
7-Speed Dual Clutch Transmission
The sports transmission.
The 7-speed dual clutch transmission makes especially sporty driving performance possible: direct drive and lightning-fast gear changes without interrupting the shear force. The car "sits right on the gas". It also achieves fuel economy better than that of a manual transmission thanks to its excellent fuel efficiency.
- Capable of rpm of up to 9,000
- Gear change within a few hundredths of a second, below the level of human perception
- Two sub-transmissions: the first one transfers the propulsive power, and in the second one, the next gear is pre-selected
- Strategy-capable power take-up element is flexibly adjustable depending on the engine characteristics
- Various driving modes: manual, comfort, sport, supersports
Dynamic propulsion "right on the gas"
The dual clutch transmission from ZF enables lightning-fast gear changes under load without interrupting the torque. It is thus ideally suited for vehicles with dynamic/sporty designs. In them, the ZF transmission performs a balancing act between pure sportiness and the highest driving comfort.
Overview of ZF dual clutch transmissions for cars:
|Product||Type of prime mover||Speeds (forw.)||Input torque (NM)|
|7DT45HL(A)||Rear / 4- Wheel||7||450|
|7DT45FL||Front / longitudinal engine||7||390|
|7DT70HL(A)||Rear / 4- Wheel||7||700|
|7DT75(A)||Rear / 4- Wheel||7||525;750|